Friday, June 27, 2008

Botanical Gardens

My daddy used to read me stories about Gossie and Gertie when I was in my mommy's belly. Mommy says he wasn't really reading the book since it was in my future bedroom...he was actually making up stories. He does that. He sings songs to me that nobody has ever heard. He says he likes it because noone can sing along with him. Plus how many times can someone sing "Twinkle, Twinkle", "Rock-a-bye baby" and "Itsy-Bitsy Spider"? I hear from my buddy Cole that Gossie and Gertie live at the Botanical Gardens...they really do.


Their buddies were hanging out in the pond...look at the big turtle's back legs...he was sunning.


Mommy and Daddy took me there the day before Father's Day. Daddy has lived in this area all of his life and has never been to the Botanical Gardens. It was a first for the whole family. We loved it and purchased a two year membership so we can go back as much as we want. Mommy and Daddy say it is a great place to go to walk around when they get tired of walking around the neighborhood. I slept the entire 2 hours in the stroller while they walked around. It must have been 200 degrees out there so i am surprised Daddy made it that long. It has made Mommy and Daddy think about buying a fan for my stroller...anyone know of any that work well?




As you may or may not know, there are a couple of eagles that live in the gardens. They had a baby eagle, but there was a tumor on her beak so the vet had to take her out of nest and they are nursing her back to health. Here is the daddy eagle. He is bald like my daddy.


Soon i will be hanging out at the "water park" area called WOW with my cousin Cole. He just posted about his exciting day there. I can't wait to go back.

No comments: