Tuesday, September 23, 2008

4 Month, 1 Week Check Up

It was time to go see Dr. Karp again. Oh No, I thought, this is where they jab me in the leg with that needle and expect me to be OK with it. I will quickly catch you up on my stats...
I am 25 3/4" long (75th Percentile) & 13 lbs 10 oz (25th Percentile)...long & lean!
Dr. Karp is very happy with the progress of Physical Therapy on my neck. This Thursday is my last Physical Therapy appointment so we can hopefully close that chapter. Everything else passed Dr Karp's inspection. I have finally learned how to smile and talk for her. I thought that if I smiled and talked to her enough, she would keep the needle-wielding nurse out of my room, but it didn't work. Here she came. I laid there looking at her with a look of dread on my face. I saw the blue case and i knew what it held...Stop right there i said. I don't think she understood and she kept coming closer. Then i noticed the Vaccine Shuffle. This is when Mommy quickly moves to the back of the room, Daddy gets close, grabs my hands and whispers sweet nothings in my ear. And then, here it comes. OUCH. Hey Nurse, what did i do to you? Normally, the Vaccine Shuffle and Nurse-induced jabbing is followed by the bottom lip being extended, face turning bright red, tears forming and then a scream that can be heard by anyone within a half mile of the doctor's office. Not this time. I turned red, daddy sang to me, kissed me all over my face, the nurse stepped back and I composed myself with no crying. Mommy and Daddy did not know what to think. Was it a delayed scream? Nope. I am getting to be a big boy with bigger thighs. Everyone was so proud. Daddy carried me out of the office and I sat there with my chest poked out, letting everyone know that I am a big boy now. Then i heard mommy and Dr. Karp talking about coming back next month...YIKES

No comments: