Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hey Ya'll







A Southern Treat...Paula Deen. The three of us attended a Paula Deen Cooking Show here in Norfolk last night. It was more of a comedy show than a cooking show. That Paula is very funny. I sat on my daddy's lap for the entire hour and a half show. I was laughing with everyone else. My mommy and daddy are huge Paula Deen fans. Down-home cooking with lots of butter and fried foods...YUM.
Paula's husband, Michael, is just as funny as Paula. They kept everyone laughing throughout the entire show. After the show, we attacked the free samples at each of the exhibitor's stands. We made it out after only buying 2 containers of Pimento Cheese.
I have been out many times, most of the time to eat...seems like a common activity in my house, but this was my first event with this many people. They were all cheering and clapping, which mommy and daddy thought would startle me. I am startled very easily and normally, when startled, I stick my bottom lip out, hold my breath, turn bright red and then let out a terrible cry, so you can imagine why my parents were so worried.
I was great and Mommy and Daddy enjoyed the evening. If anyone loves Paula Deen like Mommy and Daddy, they recommend you take in one of her shows if she comes near you. It is not something they will need to go back to, but they sure enjoyed it.
If you want to see more about Paula Deen, visit www.pauladeen.com.

No comments: