Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Wednesday

Let me first take a minute to thank my wonderful wife for working so hard on finding a background for the blog. I love the current one with the pirate. Argh!

If you have followed our blog or lives since Peyton arrived on May 15, 2008, you know that we have struggled with getting him to sleep through the night. I know that we broke pretty much all of the rules, but he was our first child and didn't want to hear him cry. We read books and struggled to find a method that we liked. We are definitely not Cry it out fans. It works beautifully for some, but we didn't want to go through it. Finally over the past couple weeks, we have seen a huge improvement. I still put him down each night. We sit in the chair in his room...he drinks a little juice...I say our prayers...he finishes his juice...he hands me his cup...we snuggle for a minute or so...I carry him over...kiss him...put him in his crib...he rolls over...grabs his blankie (or Sissy as he calls it)...I walk out and close his door. No crying, No calling for Mommy or Daddy. It is ecstasy. And I hold my breath all night--can you blame me after 21 months of not sleeping through the night? He has been going down around 9pm and waking up each morning around 7am. A couple nights were interrupted after he peed through his diaper. We figured out we needed to use Fuzzi Bunz instead of Bum Genius diapers at night. So here I sit, Peyton sound asleep in his crib and I have a great feeling that I will get a full night's sleep again.
Now comes the greed...we have been begging him to sleep until 7:30 or 8am. When he wakes up at 7am, he is still tired and cranky. Can we never be happy?
Good Night!

No comments: