Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Maddox Dylan...the birth story...Part 1

On Friday October 7 2011, I had my routine checkup with my OB in Va Beach...I was 35 weeks and 2 days...right on track! Peyton and I headed to the doctor and we were in a rush, because that afternoon we were headed to NC to visit my parents and go to the Dixie Classic Fair which I haven't missed in 32 years!!!

My appointment was at 9 in the morning and we were there right on time. I went in and saw Dr. Fontaneres and was informed that she would be "checking" me today. Ok...whatever! So, we are doing our routine check and everything is nice and closed!!! Her only concern was that I was measuring small. Through each of my pregnancies I have measured on the smaller side. Nothing completely abnormal, just about 1-2 weeks smaller. She sent me to the other office to have an ultrasound done, just to make sure that the little guy was good. Peyton and I rush to the other office and arrive just in time to have the ultrasound done!

I go into the room and lay down on the table and proceed with getting another sneak peak of this sweet baby boy...who I was ready to meet in another 5 weeks! She did all of her measurements and told me that he was measuring right on time and so I asked her what her guesstimate of weight was at the time and she guesstimated 5 lbs 8 oz!

Ok...no big deal...Peyton and I rush back to the house to get everything packed and loaded and off we went to pick up Daddy at 3pm from work. Peyton fell asleep in the car as soon as we got on the highway. We were very relieved that he was snoozing, so we were hoping we were going to make record time! We ended up getting stuck in traffic before we were even out of town...but we got through it and kept on moving. We had been driving about 2 hours and I remember telling Kev that I really needed to get something to drink...I had tried to limit my water intake that day because I knew we were going for a long drive. About 5ish I had pulled out a snack that I had packed and began munching away. The next thing I know, I felt as if the baby did a jumping jack in my belly! A major jolt ran through my entire body...nothing I had EVER experienced before. I then felt a small "leak" and thought to myself he hit my bladder...great!!

We decided to stop at Smithfields BBQ....one of our favorite places...to grab a drink and get Peyton a snack...he was awake and it was about 5:30 by this point. I got out of the car and felt another dribble of fluid...I started to walk and felt like I was peeing on myself. I took Peyton with me to the bathroom and I began to get a little worried, but never imagined that my water had actually broken...I walked out of the bathroom and Kev immediately saw concern on my face, but again I had just been to the doctor and there was nothing going on.

We got our drinks and got back on the road. We started to joke about it at this point and how we could either go to Chapel Hill or Duke and have the baby! We obviously would have chosen Chapel Hill for those who wanted the answer to that question. So...we were making great time getting to my parents house and decided that we were going to have enough time to meet them for dinner.

We ended up meeting them at Brixx Pizza and we pulled in at 8:04pm...

They got there and I began to tell them what had happened. I went to the bathroom when we got there and noticed a bit of blood...my anxiety went through the roof at this point. The weird thing is I was having no contractions....NOTHING!!! We sat down and I ordered water and began to chug as much water as I possibly could. I was in tears and I am sure the waitress was wondering what was happening. We ordered our food and everyone began to eat, except me...something was WRONG!!! I had no appetite and I was staring to cramp...I just told myself that I just hadn't had enough water and I needed to go lay down. Kev pulled his phone out and we began to time the contractions...every 1 1/2 to 2 minutes apart. Seriously....what in the world is going on?? Peyton became very concerned and was rubbing my arm...my sweet baby boy!!!

I am sitting in the booth not knowing what to do...we decided to go to the hospital and get checked out....

More to come later!

1 comment:

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Congrats on your early arrival! He must have big plans for this world!