Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Riley family update...

Quick update on life around the Riley Household..

Peyton is doing amazing going to school these days. Once we came home from Disney World, we decided to change to going to two days a week. Obviously for the whole month of October he was not in school due to Maddox being in the NICU in North Carolina. We finally got back on track the first week of November and he has walked in almost every day without much drama. He simply gives maddox and I a kiss and off we go! It is amazing the difference!

As a big brother he is doing great! He loves his baby brother. He wants to hold him and kiss him all the time. One moment that was scary in the moment, but a bit comical now....I was in the shower, Peyton and Maddox were on our bed just hanging out. I poke my head around the corner and all I see is Peyton holding Maddox up by his ankles. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I asked what he was doing and he responded " I am dong the fireman carry with him." Oh my lord...this is what Kevin and Peyton do every night going to bed....Kevin throws Peyton over his shoulder and off they go. So, I quickly told him that daddy was the only one to do fireman carry in our house. Whew!!!

As for Maddox, he turned 6 weeks on Friday November 18. Crazy to think he should have been a week old, but instead is 6 weeks old. We had another weight check on Monday and our little chunker is weighing in at 7 lbs 2 oz and is 20 inches long. He is in the 25 percentile for weight and not sure about height. He seems to be doing great...Still pretty much following the same schedule as before.

He did smile at me for the very first time today...melt my heart!! I hope that he will give more of those this weekend for everyone at Thanksgiving.

We go back to the doctor in 2 weeks for our 2 month checkup...seriously 2 months!!!!

Happy Turkey Day!!!

No comments: