Tuesday, February 14, 2012

5 years ago today

Happy Valentine's Day from the Riley's...

We are having a pretty low key day around here. Peyton had his party at school yesterday and he loved getting his cards and candy. As for Valentine's Day, yes it is a day of love, but this day marks something else for Kevin and I. I can remember the day very clearly...and I think I will for the rest of my life.

We had a meeting with Dr. Robin at the New Hope Center...we had been there quite a few times before trying for a baby and nothing had worked so it was time to sit down with "THE DOCTOR!"

I remember meeting Kevin there and being so nervous about what she was going to tell us. We sat in her office and she came in and told us the news..."The chances of you guys conceiving on your on are slim to none!" Really not what you want to hear. She then proceeded to tell us our best chance of ever having a baby would be to go through IVF.

I think Kevin and I were numb the rest of the day. In complete shock that our dreams of having children would only be possible with serious medical intervention.

So, needless to say that was one of the most difficult Valentine's Days we have had. I remember fighting with Kevin that night and wondering where we would be a year later...Now, 5 years later here we are with 2 very healthy, loving boys and we couldn't be happier!!!

No comments: