Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pain at the pump!

Peyton likes to help with everything that we do...including pumping gas. Normally he just wants to use the window washer and wash the car but today he had other plans.

I had to stop and pump gas on the way home today like any other day. Peyton asked to help and I said yes. He got the window washer and proceeded to clean my car (in the rain) as I pumped gas. Away he went making sure it was clean...he heard the pump click off and ran over and asked to help. I didn't see a problem considering he has done this multiple times before...Lets just say that after today he will not be helping anymore!!!

He was standing right in front of me and all of a sudden the gas "exploded" right in front of us. It scared me silly!!! I grabbed him and fortunately it just got on our clothes and not in our face...praise the Lord!!!

I made him ride home in just his undies and socks...but my car smells like gas and now our clothes continue to smell like it!!! Gross!!! Trying to find a remedy to get the smell out!!!

I guess that was my wake up call as to not let him near the pump ever again... or until he can drive!!!

1 comment:

The Posti Family said...

I was told that a bag of charcoal will get the smell out of anything. Put a bag on the floor of your car and it should help rid of the smell. Good luck!