Sunday, August 17, 2008

3 Months old and Look what I can do

I turned 3 months old on Friday, August 15th. Mommy and Daddy did not throw me any type of party...can you believe that? I had such high expectations for them and now this. Well I gave them plenty to celebrate this weekend.
On Saturday morning, Daddy got out this great Bumbo seat. He and Mommy did not know if i would be able to sit up in it. I have been impressing them lately with the strength of my neck. I am even trying to pull up to a sitting position. I used to love to be on my back and that was it. Not now...i want to see what is going on. Here I am in the Bumbo Seat.





I am really going to love this Bumbo seat. Mommy and Daddy says they are going to love it also.

In addition to sitting up in my Bumbo seat, I also figured out how to suck from a bottle. OK, i am three months old and some of you may say, what took you so long? I just like my mommy's boobs too much and had no interest in a bottle. I do not even like a pacifier. Mommy and Daddy have struggled with these for a while. Do they push it on me? Do they wait until i want it? Everyone's advice was to wait a while until introducing them to avoid nipple confusion. I am definitely not confused what a nipple is now. I know where everyone's nipples are...you don't think so? Hold me when i am hungry. Mommy and Daddy have all of these bottles that they bought before i was born. Everything and everyone told them to make sure they had plenty. I have not used a single one in 3 months. Well, they look good in the cabinet. I have had these bottles shoved in my mouth a couple times when i was hungry and did not know what to do...do these companies really think those "nipples" will substitute for my mommy's nipples? I don't think so. After struggling with this for a while, Mommy and Daddy found a new bottle that actually resembled a boob/nipple. It is made by a company called Adiri. They don't look like a conventional bottle, but they fooled me. Saturday morning, I actually sucked on it for a while. This was a huge step for me. My mommy was scrambling to get a hold of the camera while daddy was in tears while giving me the bottle. Here I am with my Adiri bottle in my mouth.







So now Mommy and Daddy may be able to leave me with my Nana and PopPop or Nona and Popi without having to worry if I will get hungry.

Let's see what I can do this week!

No comments: