Monday, June 25, 2012

God has a new pet

Last Sunday, June 17, Chloe passed away.  It was so fast and so sudden that I think everyone is still shocked.  She was diagnosed about 2 weeks ago with a mass in her lungs and ever since then she has gone down hill and fast!!!  We arrived to NC on Thursday late night and she greeted us at the door as usual.  She just seemed to pant a whole lot more than normal.  She was sleeping a whole lot too.  We were able to spend her last couple of days with her and I am so very thankful for that.  My parents took amazing care of her and are just heartbroken that she is gone.

We left their house on Sunday around 1 pm and I held her and told her we would see her on Friday when my parents were coming to visit.  At one point over the weekend I held her tight and told her that she didn't have to fight anymore that she should rest...I guess she needed to hear that because my parents called my around 6 pm on Sunday evening and told me that she had gone down hill so fast and so quickly that by the time they arrived at the emergency vet they couldn't get her blood pressure.  They quickly took them to a room where Chloe passed away in my mom's arms.  If I could not have been there for her, I am so thankful that they were.

Peyton is trying to understand and so Thursday evening we were laying in bed and he was so excited because Noni and Popi were coming to visit and then he said and Chloe.  I quickly reminded him that she went to heaven on Sunday.  On Friday morning one of the first things he said to me was "Mommy, God has a pet."  I responded with "who?"  and he said Chloe.  SO thankful that he is such a sweet tender hearted boy!!!

No comments: