Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Dixie Classic Fair

Sorry for the delay in getting these pictures posted. Mommy & Daddy were very sleep deprived this week and both of them came down with a cold. Can't they function off of the 1 hour at a time that I let them sleep?

The fair was a great time. My Nona and Popi took me. Mommy and Daddy also came along.




On the way to the fair, me, Nona & Popi took a nap in the back of Mommy's car. We needed to charge our batteries before we got started at the fair. Once there, Daddy wasted no time on getting to work on the Fair All-You-Can-Eat. So much for a diet Daddy. He started as soon as we walked in the gate with a Turkey Leg. I watched as Mommy and Daddy put a hurtin on that turkey leg. Popi enjoyed a couple hot dogs and Nona opted for some Pinto Beans & Corn Bread. Once everyone got a bite to eat, we began our walk around the fairgrounds. All of those rides and here I was stuck in my stroller.



I can't complain too much because there were a bunch of bumps along the way so even my stroller was one heck of a ride. After walking around for a while, Daddy was hungry. He must have thought that quarter mile walk burned off the turkey leg. I just sat back in my stroller and let him go with it. He wasn't sure what to eat next...so many choices, so little time and so little money...that food is expensive. We ran into some of Nona and Popi's friends and we stopped to talk to them for a little while. They have a new grandson who is 7 months old. I was so happy to see someone about my size. While everyone was talking, Daddy disappeared. The smell of the Elephant Ears must have sucked him in. We walked around for a while longer and then Mommy was ready for the Frozen Banana covered in Chocolate. Wow did it look good. I tried to get a bite, but Mommy and Daddy wouldn't let me. I bet if I was just with Nona and Popi, I could have had a bite.




We then proceeded into the Exhibits to get a break from the sun. It was a beatiful day, no clouds in the sky so by this time, everyone needed a break. My cousin Emily had a piece of her artwork on display. Her artwork was selected to represent the 1st graders from her elementary school.



Isn't it great?

While we were in the exhibit hall, we found a couple photo-worthy items. Mommy and Daddy laughed when they saw this one...Mommy says this is how she feels (see udders).



And then we went to look at the cakes...Look at this cake.



And then we proceeded to another indoor area where Daddy and Pop-Pop came across some of the best milk 5 years ago. Yes, Mommy and Daddy even went to the Fair the day after they got married. They really did have a honeymoon, but the fair could not be missed. We tried to talk Pop-Pop into coming along with us this year as Nana was in Utah, but he passed on the invitation. Here's to you Pop-Pop.



After about 4 hours at the fair, we were all getting tired, but don't think for a minute that Daddy was done. He couldn't talk anyone else into joining him for his third course and he almost passed himself. He didn't want to leave the park looking like one of those prize-winning pigs. It's Ok daddy, I would definitely give you the blue ribbon. On the way to the exit, he glanced over in a desperate plea for something good to appear, and he saw the sign..."Fried Pork Chop Sandwich". He made his way over. He had never had indulged in such a treat, but by the drool coming out of his mouth, i figured it must be good or he is teething.
Daddy completed his Fair All-You-Can-Eat and was happy. Everyone else was happy. I loved the fair, but think I will love it more next year. Mommy and Daddy better get their rest over the next 52 weeks.



No comments: