Saturday, October 4, 2008

Our Drive to North Carolina

Another Road Trip upcoming and Mommy and Daddy were of course worried. After Daddy got home from work and packed the last items in the car, we were off to Nona and Popi's house. We stopped by the nearest Wawa

to get gas and then we were on our way at about 6:15pm. By Suffolk, about 30 minutes later, I was asleep. No crying at all. See Mommy and Daddy...I can do it. I had eaten last at 5:00pm so it was expected that I would be waking up at about 8 o'clock, which would be in South Hill, VA. That would be good timing because Mommy and Daddy would be hungry also and there is quite a selection of food in South Hill. They decided that they would not stop until I woke up...never wake a sleeping baby!!! We passed through South Hill right on time, but I was still sleeping. Aren't sleeping babies the cutest thing you have ever seen? We were then into North Carolina.

About an hour later, I was still asleep. Daddy's tummy was growling, he had nothing left in his Wawa cup to drink, but he did not want to stop, fearing that I would awaken as soon as the car came to a stop. Finally at about 9:30pm, Daddy couldn't wait any longer or he would be crying like I do when I get really hungry. So we stopped at Taco Bell.

Daddy asked Mommy if she needed to use the restroom...he must still think she is pregnant and has to pee every 10 minutes. She did not want our stop to be too lengthy in case I stayed asleep so she passed on the offer and we proceeded to the Drive-thru. Now please understand that Taco Bell is a regular destination for Mommy and Daddy. They go there at least twice a week for the Yummy Cheese Roll-Ups (79 cents each fits in their budget). Tonight, Daddy must have been too hungry so it took him what felt like 15 minutes to figure out what he wanted. He finally ordered and we got our food and were back on the road. I was still sleeping. The fine Mexican Fast Food Burrito Creators must have been tired when they made the bean burrito. Mommy folded the paper down and handed it to Daddy. Every time he would bite into it, he felt the cheesy, bean filling squirt out of the bottom. Thanks mommy for making sure the paper was properly folded so the filling stayed inside the wrapper. Daddy finished and then in a hunger induced rage decided he would start licking the paper...really Daddy? Don't you have any table manners? He finished with the cheesy, bean paper and was onto the remainder of his dinner. I was still sleeping. Mommy and Daddy kept looking at each other in amazement. I had now been 5 hours since eating last and had been napping for 4 hours. One hour left to go until we were at Nona & Popi's house. That last hour went quickly and I slept the entire time. Mommy and Daddy also stopped at Starbucks once they got there.

Pumpkin Spice Frappucinos are in Season...YUM. I slept through it and woke up as soon as Mommy and Daddy pulled into Nona & Popi's driveway. They were so proud. I stayed up and played with my Nona and Popi and then it was time to try to go to bed. I had taken a 5 hour nap so nobody thought I would be able to sleep. I slept well (keep in mind that sleeping well means that I was not up every hour) and we finally got out of bed at 8:30 Friday morning. What a day. I was so excited about seeing Nona and Popi and spending the weekend with them. I am also excited about my first trip to the Dixie Classic Fair.


Mommy and Daddy talk about this fair all year long so I can't wait to see what it is all about. Turkey Legs, Fried Twinkies & Chocolate Covered Bananas...how can it be bad?

1 comment:

Andria said...

Yay for the 5-hour car nap!!!

Perhaps "Mommy's" expertise with the burrito wrapper comes from her newfound mastery of the diper change. I'm just saying...