Sunday, January 11, 2009

Catching Up

Now that the Fun of the Holiday Season is over, our blog will begin to get more posts...that is once Daddy puts away all of the Christmas stuff that Mommy packed up. Sorry for the lack of updates.

Daddy thought long and hard about his last blog entry about me sleeping so well before he put it on here. He always knows that as soon as he begins to brag, it turns against him. Not that I haven't been sleeping better than i did for the 7 months prior, but it has not been the 8 consecutive hours that I teased them with in Aruba and when we first got back from Aruba. That will teach him!!!

I still only have my two bottom teeth. They are sharp as razors Mommy and Daddy tell me. I was wondering why when I bite down on my hands or toes, it hurts so bad now. Is it not bad enough that i have to cut these teeth? Speaking of cutting teeth, I am working on a couple top teeth. Before long i will have matching top and bottom teeth...then imagine the damage i can do.

I am also getting ready to be on the move...i have been working on my crawling technique. In the past, i have been able to roll all around to get into everything. Then i saw some of my buddies crawling and it looked much more efficient to get from one place to another so I have been practicing. I get up on my hands and knees and rock. I keep rocking until i get frustrated and drop back down to my belly and roll to my desired location. In the past few days, i have started to move my arm and leg a little bit when i am up in the crawling position. My Mommy's and Daddy's lives are about to change forever.

I have said my first words...that is at least what my mommy and daddy want to call it and that is fine with me. I actually started to say my first consonant sounds on the day after Thanksgiving. We were riding to North Carolina and I would say, "MaMaMaMaMaMa". So Daddy, even though I only like saying "DaDa" now, i got "MaMa" in there first. I am non-stop with the "DaDa" now. I have even slipped in a "Daddy" and you should see the smile on my Daddy's face when that happens. If i could only figure out how to ask him for that Pony after I say Daddy. My parents are putty in my hands.

Eating...wow, where do i start. I am eating some of everything now. In Aruba, my Nana introduced me to the good-life. I was eating ice cream (yes, i know i shouldn't, but who can resist on a hot day), puffs, insides of french fries, mashed potatoes, all sorts of fruit and my Aunt Meg even let me have some Pina Colada. I know what you are thinking...starting off early on the bottle aren't you? Remember please that my Aunt Meg is pregnant so that Pina Colada was a virgin. Mommy and Daddy changed my diet a little bit after i got home from Aruba, but it is still filled with great things. I get all sorts of vegetables, fruits and have even started eating chicken. Puffs are still my favorite. I can actually grab them with my own fingers and have figured out how to quickly get them into my mouth. Earlier this week, i shocked everyone again. For the last 7+ months I have had no interest in bottles. You will remember this from earlier posts. Mommy and Daddy were lucky to get me to eat from a bottle for more than a minute. I just liked Mommy's fresh milk better. I was over at my Nana & PopPop's house on Tuesday night and my Nana was feeding me some of her homemade Dumplings (she makes some good Chicken and Dumplings)~have i mentioned that i love to go to her house? Do you blame me? Once i was done with my dumplings, my PopPop held me and tried to give me a bottle filled with Apple juice. I drank it all down and looked up to see that everyone was staring at me as if I had solved the Rubik's cube. If my Aunt Meg was there, she would have exclaimed, "Yahtzee". I finally figured out that bottle thing and have been enjoying my apple juice ever since.
Well, i am going to take a nap now (actually i have been napping for the past hour and a half~~another milestone of mine. I have been taking good 2-3 hour naps every morning).
You guys have a great Sunday...i will be back later to post more.

No comments: