Thursday, February 19, 2009

Her

I know my name can be considered either a boy's name or a girl's name, but seriously...at the doctor's office. On my last two visits, a nurse has come in and referred to me as "her". Isn't it part of their training to read a chart and see if I am a male or female?

Then you have Mommy and Daddy...Daddy is not very outspoken so he sits there as they refer to me as a "her" and doesn't say anything. I can see him rolling his eyes, but not a word out of him. Thanks Dad!
Mommy on the other hand can only stand this about one time. In case they just slipped and saw a girl before me, she doesn't correct the nurse, but once they repeat it she is quick to correct them...Peyton is a boy!!
Next time I am going to be diaper-less when they come in...that should help.

2 comments:

Andria said...

Good idea, Peyton. Way to take charge of the situation!

We had one appointment with this funny German male nurse who referred to Soren as "her" and "she" throughout the entire check-up. Combined with the fact that he was holding Soren's chart and had an unusual accent, it was an amusing appointment.

Jessi said...

I have a Peyton that is a boy too. This ALWAYS would happen, so I always made sure that he was dressed in very dark blue and outfits that couldn't be mistaken for girly. It still happened. When he got older and started to get "boy" hair cuts it stopped though. Then I had a girl and named her Riley! And everyone called her a boy! You would have thought I learned from the first unisex name!