Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My First Cold

Hello everyone...sniff, sniff! As you can tell, I have my very first cold! It all started in NC this weekend when we were visiting my Nona and Popi! We went down to celebrate my daddy's birthday, Nona's birthday, Samantha's birthday and Emily's birthday! Can you believe how many birthdays we got to celebrate while we were there??? Anyways, we got there on Friday afternoon and went to dinner with my Nona and Popi and all was fine! I even came home and had my bath as usual and went to bed at 9:30...
Around 10:30 I awoke in a crib and found that I was having a little trouble breathing through my nose, so I called for mommy and in she came...she is so good to me!! She got me back to sleep but then 11:30 came and I called for her again! She could then hear my poor little stuffy nose and took me to bed with her and daddy! I was up and down all night long because I could not breathe through my nose! I finally got a little bit of sleep once daddy let me sleep on him and stay elevated a little! Around 6:00 daddy decided that he was going to get in the shower with me and let the warm steam come up and hopefully clear me out...well it at least put me back to sleep until 8:30!
Saturday I was so tired and just so not myself...I would play and laugh for a little while, but then I would get cranky....Saturday was our party day though...I had to feel good for the party! (More to come about our party later!!) Mommy and Daddy decided that they needed to help me (and themselves) out on Saturday night, so they decided to go and buy a vaporizer...and they had to go to Wally World (Wal-Mart)! And not just any Wal-Mart...one in the boondocks!!! For those of you not aware, my mommy and daddy much prefer Target...but that was too far and they were trying to get me home for nap time! So off we went and let me tell you...we got what we needed and left!!! Such an interesting mix we saw!!!
So, since Friday night, I have been trying to learn to breathe through my mouth!
On Monday, Mommy and Daddy decided I better pay a visit to Dr. Karp. She checked me out and said that I had a cold (and weighed in at 17lbs 7 ozs)...the good news is that my ears looked clear~Praise the Lord. If anyone knew my daddy when he was young, you will remember how sick he always was (and actually still is. He actually got sick on Friday night also and really does not sound like himself) and how many ear infections and sets of tubes he endured. I hope he did not pass those on to me. We already can see he passed on his hair-line. I go back to see Dr. Karp on Tuesday for my 9-month check up so we hope that my ears remain clear and that Daddy and I can get over these colds.
I hope all of you are staying well and feeling good!

1 comment:

Andria said...

We hope you're feeling better soon, Peyton. It STINKS to have that stuffy nose... it makes everything so much harder.

The news about baby Warren is so sad...we are still praying...