Tuesday, November 24, 2009

18 Month Checkup

Today was my visit to see Dr. Karp as an 18-month old. I am starting to recognize where I am and I let everyone know that I was not happy. And of course they want to torture me at the beginning by completing the worst part of the checkup...checking my height and weight. I can't stand having to lay down on those cold pieces of equipment. Mommy and Daddy always look so excited...can they not feel my pain? I now measure 32 1/2" and weigh 22lbs 7ozs. That puts me on track with where I have always been. I am above average in height and below average in weight. Then Dr. Karp came in to check me out. She is so fun...she played with me, showed me my Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes and then started to check my ears, eyes, etc. I did not like that nearly as much as her singing to me. Everything looked good. Mommy and Daddy then had some questions for her. #1 was...Why I am not sleeping anymore? Let me answer this...why would i want to sleep in a crib when i can sleep between them in bed? Dr. Karp's answer was to let me cry it out. Mommy and Daddy do not believe in CIO. They are going to try some other techniques and are always open to suggestions...just no CIO. When i am left for too long crying in my crib, I bang my head against the crib sides/back, throw everything out of the crib, start screaming and shaking uncontrollably. I am going to show Mommy and Daddy how good I can sleep tonight. Night Night!

1 comment:

The Posti Family said...

I know that CIO does not sound fun, and it is NOT. But it does really work. If you find that nothing else is working right, you may need to go to CIO, and trust me ... Payton will be fine. He will not feel abused or tortured. He will learn you are not going to come in a the first peep, and he will go back to sleep. It is scary for first time parents, but once he starts sleeping all night, you will wish you did it much earlier. Sorry I don't have any other advice for ya! Good Luck.