Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Day of Pre K 3...

Finally our first day of Pre K 3...we have been talking about school for almost a year now...trying to tell him all about it and somehow it has come and gone...thankfully for me!!

Our first day was last Wednesday August 24! We have hyped it up about playing with playdoh, coloring, the playground, etc. I think it helped because he walked into his room with myself, Kevin and his Aunt Meggie and cousin Bailey watching from the hallway. I kept telling myself to be strong for him, but he had such a brave little face on and it simply broke my heart! Where had my baby boy gone?????

He went in and washed his hands as they begin each day with that and went to a table where he sat and did a Bob the Builder puzzle! Kevin and I told him that we were going to leave and he said "OK, love you" and gave us each a hug and a kiss...I could hardly believe it...I on the other hand had to put my sunglasses on because tears were streaming down my face, like they are as I type this....remembering his sweet, brave little self sitting there like such a big boy!!

His teacher said he had a great first day and he never shed one tear!!!!

Here are a few photos of my little guy before we left...He had to bring one of his little buddies along with him for the pictures...






So...after getting through our first day, school was canceled Friday and Monday due to Hurricane Irene....SO...today was like the first day all over again! He actually was upset today when I left, but Mrs. Edwards took him right up and calmed him down! I am hoping Friday goes smoothly for both of us....

No comments: