Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What is Going on????

Wow...what a day we had today! Peyton and I have simply been enjoying our day together! It has been busy, but that is our life it seems!

So today is the day before Peyton starts PreK3 and I have been a bit out of sorts about it...We went to meet his teacher yesterday and he played in the room for about 20 minutes. He seemed to be pretty comfortable in there...we will see tomorrow!

Back to today...our day was very low key and our normal routine. We were getting ready to head out to a doctors appointment at 1:45 and I began to hear vases rattle....which I equated to Peyton jumping around....yet he was not jumping around....I began to get nervous so I stood up and my legs began to shake...."WHAT IS HAPPENING???" I grabbed Peyton and ran outside because I had no clue if our house was about to fall apart...Then I began to think I was dreaming because the outside world seemed calm.

We came back inside few seconds later and finally got in touch with Kevin who proceeded to tell me we had just had a tremor from and earthquake....????

I was a bit shaken as was Peyton...living on the East Coast you do not expect that...we are preparing for Hurricane Irene...not a darn earthquake!

Whew...glad it only lasted a few seconds!!!

1 comment:

LuLaRoeMeg said...

Same thing happened to me! I ran upstairs and grabbed the kids, but didn't know what to do then!!! Scary!