Wednesday, July 23, 2008

2 Month Check Up

I had to go back to the doctor's office to have my 2 month check up performed. Nothing new, except...Vaccinations. As mentioned before, we decided to follow Dr. Sears' Alternative Vaccine Schedule, so I only received two vaccines instead of the normal 5. That sounds great, but when i got the first shot, i locked up, face started to turn fire-engine red and held my breath for a while before letting out a blood-curdling scream. The nurse quickly gave me the second vaccine. Daddy was holding my hands and quickly scooped me up after the nurse was finished. I calmed down quickly as Mommy and Daddy rushed out of the doctor's office before I let another of my screams out that would surely scare all of the other little kids...what did they do to that little boy back behind those closed doors...Yikes.
Before they gave me my vaccinations, they did a full exam. I now weigh 11 lbs, 5 ozs and measure 24 inches long. That puts me in the 50th percentile for weight & 60th percentile for my length. With this impressive growth spurt, Mommy and Daddy are having to put away many of the clothes that used to swallow me. They don't give up easily. They have developed their favorite outfits and it is hard for them to part with these outfits. Once the outfits look like spandex on me, i think it is time to retire them Mommy and Daddy.

1 comment:

Andria said...

This made me laugh out loud!