Saturday, July 5, 2008

Check Up

Well, I went last week for Dr. Karp to check the status of my neck. When i was inside my mommy, I always had my head to one side and when i continued to grow, i grew with better muscle structure on one side so i do not like to turn my head in the other direction. Dr. Karp looked at this at my 2 day check up and she has continued to look at it to check the progress. She said that i have made great progress, but she wanted to send me to have x-rays done and on Monday I started Physical Therapy. They diagnosed me with Torticollis after watching me interact. The first appointment lasted almost 2 hours as my therapist had to show mommy and daddy what they could do to help me get my head on straight. I then went back on Thursday for another hour of therapy on my neck. I am going to have to go two to three times a week for a while until I have made great progress. Mommy and Daddy are in charge of doing different activities with me daily to help my progress. I have shocked them over the last couple days with my progress and the strength of my neck--I can hold it up for a long time now. So a couple stats from my last check up, which was actually a couple weeks ago...I weighed 9 lbs, 13 ozs and measured 22 inches long (that was as close as they could measure because that device they use to measure me is cold without any of my clothes on and i flail around throwing my arms and legs around and it takes a couple people to hold me down).

My first round of shots are coming up soon too. My mommy and daddy have taken a proactive role and have decided to use Dr. Sears' Alternative Vaccination Schedule. They want to ensure they do everything they can to help me and I am excited that i do not have to get a pile of shots all at one time...go mommy and daddy.

Mommy got to go back and see Dr. Sadr a couple weeks ago also and can you believe she actually remembered my name. She was so great. Everything was perfect with my mommy so that was great news.

Life is great!

No comments: