Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Daddy Blogging Wednesdays--Take 3

So remember how I told you how I am not good at the "manly" tasks in life? You know...power tools, hand tools, putting things together, installing Christmas lights???
Well, keep that in mind as you read what follows:

I love December. Winter is finally here, the smells of winter are some of my favorites, the chicken 'n dumplings just taste better when it's cold outside and Christmas is right around the corner. This year is extra special as Peyton is starting to take an interest in many of the fun that surrounds the Christmas holiday. He likes the cartoons, he loves the decorations throughout the house, he just looks at the lights in amazement. Oh those wonderful Christmas lights. When the lights are turned on, he lets out an "Oooohhh". I was so proud that I actually got all of the Christmas lights installed without a problem this year. They line our front porches and look great when they shine at night. I should emphasize "when they shine at night". For some reason, year after year, I am challenged by these lights. I thought this year would be different, but no. The lights have been up for about 2 weeks now and when we pulled back in front of our house after our trip to NC this weekend, there was a 3 foot section in the middle of the lights on the first floor porch that were no longer shining so brightly. Frustration set in. I figured I would tackle these lights Monday night. Monday night arrived and more surprises...now all but about 2 feet of the lights on the second floor porch were out. I give up. I will add this to the list of tasks that beat me over and over. I have to admit that the feeling of having my "man card" revoked again is very depressing, but I am going to win it back this weekend and beat these lights so my wonderful son can once again look at them and say "Ooohhhhh".
If i can get these lights to work again, I will definitely post pictures to show everyone that I won!
Let there be light...

No comments: