Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mommy's Day

With Daddy's help, I wrote my wonderful Mommy this letter for Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day Mommy...I love you more than you will ever know.

"Last Mother’s Day I was anxious to meet the Mommy that took such great care of me for 9 months and who went through so much for me. Little did I know how much my love for you would blossom over the next year. You are an amazing mother and I am so Blessed to call you my Mommy.

Even at my worst, you never get angry.
The touch of your hands calm me,
The sound of your voice soothes me,
Your loving eyes mesmerize me.


I thank you for everything you do. If I need you, you are there. When I need to be held tightly, you know just how to do it. When I begin to fall, you are there to catch me. When I look over at you, you look back and fill my soul with a peace created with your Love.

I knew this love from the first time I saw your beautiful face on May 15th. You tried so hard to conceive me and pushed so hard to meet me and when we met face-to-face, you held me tight and I discovered Love...a love that will never falter, a love that grows stronger and stronger. Thank you Mommy for being there for me and giving so much to me. You give me strength, hope, and wisdom, but most of all you give me Love.

So on this Mother’s Day,
I celebrate my Mommy.
I celebrate your beauty,
I celebrate your warmth,
I celebrate your strength,
I celebrate your sacrifices,
I celebrate your Love,
I celebrate you.


I love you Mommy.
Happy Mother’s Day.

Love always,
Peyton Kyle Riley"

No comments: