Sunday, May 31, 2009

Last Weekend

Hey Mommy & Daddy...are you really just posting about last weekend? Do I really keep you that busy? Oh well...here it goes.

I was so excited to spend a long weekend with my Daddy. We woke up Saturday morning and decided that we would go to the Pungo Strawberry Festival and guess what...my friends Matt, Tiffany & Grace joined us~I was so excited.

We met up and watched some of the Parade from our strollers.

I knew I recognized that cute girl next to me...It was Grace. We were so excited to see each other.

It seemed like the Parade lasted forever. Once it ended we walked down to see all of the fun that goes along with the Festival...you know, Strawberry Pies, Strawberry Daiquiris, Strawberry Shortcakes, Strawberry Wine...do you get the point? And then it was time to go to the strawberry patch. We walked down to it and there was a sign, "All Picked Out". WHAT? On the opening day of the Festival you are all picked out? Oh well...we bought some strawberries and they were nice enough to let us go pose in the field. (Don't tell anyone, but we did pick a couple strawberries that they must have missed)
We rushed over to the patch and then looked around for our mommies & daddies.

Hey Guys...we're over here.

Photo Opportunity...

Then it was time to get to business. Looking for the perfect Strawberry...

This one Looks Good.

Grace found her Strawberry.

Here we are with our Strawberries.

Grace wanted to show her strawberry off and I was also happy with mine as you can tell.

We both studied our strawberries

And then I watched Grace eat her Strawberry.

I studied mine for a while longer.

And then it was time to join in the fun.

Now You see it.

Now you see less of it.

Now it's all gone. I managed to fit the entire strawberry in my mouth.

The Strawberry Festival was so fun and it was so great to spend time with Matt, Tiffany & Grace. We also joined up later for dinner at No Frill Bar & Grill (my favorite restaurant) and then we walked through Ghent and grabbed some coffee. OK...we didn't drink any coffee, but you would have thought our mommies and daddies gave us coffee by the amount of energy we had in the Coffee Shop.

1 comment:

Matt and Tiffany McClain said...

Love it!! Very nicely written Peyton! You are a talented writer! ;) Can we get copies of those pics? Gracie wants them for her scrapbook!