Thursday, May 14, 2009

I sit here...by Daddy

I sit here SAD because my little baby is turning one tomorrow. I longed to have a child of my own and was so Blessed last year to have Peyton enter my life, but i am not sure i want to give up my baby as he enters the next stage.

I sit here HAPPY that my son is growing up into such a wonderful boy. I feel like I have done everything I can to give him what he needs to grow over the past year. I am happy to carry forward all of the memories of the past year. I am excited to start the next chapter with Peyton.

I sit here IN AWE of the many Blessings that have been bestowed upon me over the past two years. A couple years ago I was at a low in my life and the news came along that I would have a child. From the low in my life to the high in my life from a single phone call. And now I have a son who loves me, looks at me with his blue eyes and melts my heart, makes me so proud, but through all of this I never take any of it for granted. I am in awe of my wife and the amazing role that she plays in his life. I look at Peyton and I see the amazing traits of Amy. I am simply in awe of the amazing blessings in my life.

As I move forward, I carry with me emotions that I have never felt, I carry with me memories that I could have never imagined, I carry with me a sense of peace and happiness that comes over me just thinking about all of my Blessings, I carry with me an amazing year and tomorrow this amazing year will roll over into the next year. May it be filled with the Health, Happiness and Love that made the first year so amazing.

Peyton--I love you and thank you for such a wonderful first year. You are a dream-come-true and I am so Blessed to call you my son. In 30 years when you are my age and every year in between and beyond, I want to remind you how special you are to me. I will always be here for you and will Love you out loud. Thank you Peyton for all that you have given me. I love you son.

2 comments:

LuLaRoeMeg said...

Happy 1st Birthday Peyton! We love you!

Andria said...

Happy B-Day Peyton!

Congratulations Kevin and Amy!